Thursday, May 31, 2012

Microsoft AutoRoute 2001 Portable Launcher


I couple of months ago I dug up Mazda EPC2 Portable Launcher from my archives and shared it with you. Yesterday I dug up my old copy of AutoRoute 2001 and decided to try and make it portable. Since it worked I'll show you what you need to get it working for you, too :) Actually there are 2 tings you'll need - installation CD and my portable launcher (available in the Download section bellow). This time I followed the specifications posted by PortableApps.com platform :) Ok, let's get to the details:

1. Install your Microsoft AutoRoute 2001 on your computer.
2. Extract my portable launcher (download bellow).
3. Copy all the contents of AutoRoute to the App\AutoRoute folder from the extracted archive. You should have AutoRout.exe file in App\AutoRoute folder.
4. Uninstall Microsoft AutoRoute 2001.
5. Run the launcher and see if it's working :) Should be working. I tested this only on Windows 8 DP and CP, both 32-bit and 64-bit, but it should work on everything from XP and above.
6. Enjoy never installing AutoRoute 2001 again (if you still use it) :)

Downloads:
AutoRoute 2001 Portable
AutoRoute 2001 Portable Source

No comments :

Post a Comment